Do not purchase this course – it is not currently scheduled for a live broadcast. It is available to view…Read more
RRT-NPS, RRT-ACCS, AE-C
Keith Varnes, RRT-NPS, RRT-ACCS, AE-C, is the company founder, President, and chief visionary of Respiratory Associates. He creates content for our Live and Real-Time Live Broadcast continuing education courses. He has been in the respiratory field since 1983 enjoying a diverse career including DME, software development, agency staffing, and working at a level 1 trauma center. He is also an ACLS and PALS instructor.
- State the stages, signs and symptoms of HIV infections
- Explain the differences between HIV and AIDS
- Describe infection control procedures for HIV
- Describe prevention methods for various risk groups
- Describe the ethical and professional standards for treating a person with HIV
- List factors that contribute to the transmission of occupational HIV
- Identify the best management strategies for HIV exposures
- Describe the epidemiology of child abuse among the American populace.
- Describe the predisposing factors for child abuse.
- Identify the categories of child abuse.
- Recognize clinical signs observable on child abuse victims.
- Recognize clinical findings and conditions that mimic child abuse.
- Recognize typical behaviors of child abusers in the healthcare setting.
- Discuss the ethical and legal implications of child abuse for healthcare practitioners.
- Describe the impact of child abuse situations on healthcare practitioners.