- Describe the epidemiology of child abuse among the American populace
- Describe the predisposing factors for child abuse
- Identify the categories of child abuse
- Recognize clinical signs observable on child abuse victims
- Recognize clinical findings & conditions that mimic child abuse
- Recognize typical behaviors of child abusers in the healthcare setting
- Discuss the ethical & legal implications of child abuse for healthcare practitioners
- Describe the impact of child abuse situations on healthcare practitioners
Pennsylvania license holders: We recommend you take the online course offered by the University of Pittsburgh (https://www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu). They will report your course completion electronically to the Pennsylvania Department of State professional licensing board.
If you see COURSE NOT STARTED, scroll down the page and click Start This Lesson next to Lesson 1, then click on the video to start, stop, and rewind. If you are using a tablet, turn it to landscape mode (sideways) so the video will play. Click the green MARK COMPLETE button below each video to advance to the next Lesson. DO NOT use the course outline to move from one lesson to the next or you will not be able to access the evaluation.
If you purchased a course (or subscription) and see COURSE LOCKED – Purchase This Course when you try to take it, or do not see a green Mark Complete button, it’s because you are not logged in to the website. On the menu row to the right of Contact Us you should see an Account menu. If there is a Log In button instead, click that, log in, and you’ll be able to take your course. If you’re using a tablet and don’t see Contact Us, Log In (or Account), the Mark Complete button, or the video, turn your device sideways so you can see the entire menu row. On a mobile device, click the menu on the top right and scroll down. If you see Log In under Contact Us, click on it to log in to the website.
If you see an orange PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE button you have previously taken this course. To obtain a certificate with a new completion date, prior to taking the course again Annual CEU Subscribers must click the green RESET THIS COURSE button. Individual purchasers of this course must contact our office to have the course reset (use our web chat for the quickest response).