When does my license expire?
All respiratory care practitioners licenses expire on December 31 in odd-numbered years.
When can I renew my license?
Renewal notices are sent out from the office no later than October 15 of the renewal year.
How do I renew my license?
Please see your renewal notice for instructions on how to renew your license.
How many CEUs does New Hampshire require?
Competency requirements to be met by applicants are:
- Completion of 24 contact hours of professional respiratory care courses which are:
- Described by the course sponsors or providers as review courses, and
- Approved by:
- The American Medical Association’s Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation in collaboration with the Joint Review Committee for Respiratory Therapy Education or its successor organization;
- The Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care or its successor organization;
- The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or its successor organization; or
- Completion of a minimum of 6 contact hours of continuing education in:
- Current treatment or management of infectious diseases
- Advances in the pharmacologic treatment of the cardio-pulmonary system;
- New modes of respiratory care; or
- Any other current topics in respiratory care; and
- Taking and scoring in the passing range on all parts of the NBRC self-assessment examination designed for the highest NBRC credential the applicant has obtained
Can I get all of my CEUs online?
You can get all of your CEUs online as long as they meet the requirements listed above.
Are your courses approved by both the AARC and the New Hampshire Respiratory Board?
Yes, our courses are approved by the AARC and therefore approved by the New Hampshire Respiratory Board.
How much does my renewal cost?
According to the AARC, the fees for New Hampshire respiratory licensure is $110 + $60 application fee for the initial, and $110 for renewal.
Board Contact Information
Office of Licensed Allied Health Professionals
121 South Fruit Street, Suite 303
Concord, NH 03301
Billie Jo Richardson
New Hampshire Society for Respiratory Care Contact Information
10 Benning Street
W. Lebanon, NH 03784
The information contained in this document was as accurate as possible at the time of publication. It is possible that errors exist or that current license requirements have changed. We encourage corrections and comments and will make modifications accordingly. Neither the author, Respiratory Associates of Texas, nor any other individual or institution, except the person renewing their license, is responsible or liable for any consequences of its use. You are encouraged to read your state licensure requirements from the primary source, e.g. state website. If any of our courses are rejected by your state licensing authority our sole remedy will be a refund.