Respiratory License Renewal – Kansas

When does my license expire?

Kansas respiratory licenses expire on March 31 every year.

When can I renew my license?

The renewal period begins February 15 and ends April 1. Late renewals may be submitted through April 30.

How do I renew my license?

You may renew online, download a paper renewal form on the Kansas Board of Healing Arts (KBHA) website, or contact KBHA to have a renewal form mailed to you.

To renew online, you will need your KBHA license number, birth date, last 4 digits of your social security number, name, license number of all healthcare professionals who supervise you (if required), continuing education hours, and payment.

How many CEUs does Kansas require?

A minimum of 12 hours of continuing education for the preceding one year period is required.

Can I get all of my CEUs online?

You can obtain all of your CEUs online though our website.

Are your courses approved by both the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) and the KBHA?

Our courses are approved by the AARC and accepted by the KBHA. Here are our recommendations:

"At least six contact hours shall be obtained each reporting year from seminars or symposiums that provide for direct interaction between the speakers and the participants." Our Interactive Webinars (CEUs > Real-Time Live Broadcast) meet this criteria.

"A maximum of six contact hours each reporting year may be obtained from nontraditional or alternative educational programs." Our recorded with live credit courses (CEUs > Live) meet this criteria.

How much does my renewal cost?

License renewal is $75 ($72 online). An initial license is $80.

Resource Links

Kansas Board of Healing Arts (KBHA) (contact info on this page)

KBHA RT Renewal

KBHA Statutes and Regulations

KBHA FAQ - RT Licensing

Kansas Respiratory Care Society

The information contained in this document was as accurate as possible at the time of publication. It is possible that errors exist or that current license requirements have changed. We encourage corrections and comments and will make modifications accordingly. Neither the author, Respiratory Associates, nor any other individual or institution, except the person renewing their license, is responsible or liable for any consequences of its use. You are encouraged to read your state licensure requirements from the primary source, e.g. state website. If any of our courses are rejected by your state licensing authority our sole remedy will be a refund.

Back to State CE Requirements