Noninvasive Ventilation Live Broadcast
- Explain the rationale for noninvasive ventilation
- Describe the effects, indications, advantages, disadvantages, & complications associated with negative pressure ventilation
- Describe the operation of specific negative pressure ventilators
- Describe the modes, effects, complications, indications, & contraindications associated with noninvasive positive-pressure ventilation (NPPV)
- Describe the evidence basis for NPPV for selected conditions
- Compare the interfaces used in NPPV with respect to their indications, advantages, & limitations
- Describe the issues pertaining to types of NPPV circuits & humidification systems
- Compare the ventilator types & modes applied to NPPV with respect to their advantages & disadvantages
- Describe techniques for ventilator control adjustments for NPPV
- Discuss clinical issues pertaining to NPPV, including aerosol delivery, heliox, clinical sites, & end-of-life care
This live broadcast is scheduled for Friday, April 2, 2021 at 1100 Central Time.
The broadcast link will become available 30 minutes before showtime. Return to the Real-Time Live Broadcast page and click the blue button labeled CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR MEETING.
The evaluation will be available after the broadcast ends and is located at the bottom of this page, below the helpful links. You must return to this page and fill it out immediately. Contact us if you experience any difficulties accessing the evaluation.
Certificates are awarded upon completion of the evaluation and are located on the Account > Courses page.