Once enrolled – click lesson 1 to begin
1) Describe the pathophysiology, manifestations, diagnosis, and general management for the following conditions: Myasthenia gravis, Guillain Barré syndrome, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Spinal muscle atrophy, Critical illness polyneuropathy and myopathy.
2) Describe techniques for assessment of weakness of ventilatory apparatus including physical assessment, lung volume measurement, blood gases, inspiratory and expiratory pressures and sleep studies.
3) Describe techniques applied to non-ventilatory management of neuromuscular conditions.
4) Identify the goals for mechanical ventilation for patients with neuromuscular disease.
5) Describe the selection and application of mechanical ventilation methods to neuromuscular conditions.