- Describe the pathophysiology, manifestations, diagnosis, and general management for the following conditions: Myasthenia gravis, Guillain Barré syndrome, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Spinal muscle atrophy, Critical illness polyneuropathy and myopathy.
- Describe techniques for assessment of weakness of ventilatory apparatus including physical assessment, lung volume measurement, blood gases, inspiratory and expiratory pressures and sleep studies.
- Describe techniques applied to non-ventilatory management of neuromuscular conditions.
- Identify the goals for mechanical ventilation for patients with neuromuscular disease.
- Describe the selection and application of mechanical ventilation methods to neuromuscular conditions.