- Explain the ethical & legal bases for cultural competence among healthcare professionals
- Explain the sociological & anthropological bases for variations in perceptions & practices pertaining to healthcare among ethnic groups
- Describe the implications for various conceptions of disease, treatment, & end-of-life among various ethnic & religious groups
- Describe appropriate & inappropriate communications practices for caregivers attending patients from diverse ethnic groups
- Describe mechanisms by which practitioners, managers, & administrators can promote cultural competence
If you see COURSE NOT STARTED, scroll down the page and click Start This Lesson next to Lesson 1, then click on the video to start, stop, and rewind. If you are using a tablet, turn it to landscape mode (sideways) so the video will play. Click the green MARK COMPLETE button below each video to advance to the next Lesson. DO NOT use the course outline to move from one lesson to the next or you will not be able to access the evaluation.
If you purchased a course (or subscription) and see COURSE LOCKED – Purchase This Course when you try to take it, or do not see a green Mark Complete button, it’s because you are not logged in to the website. On the menu row to the right of Contact Us you should see an Account menu. If there is a Log In button instead, click that, log in, and you’ll be able to take your course. If you’re using a tablet and don’t see Contact Us, Log In (or Account), turn your device sideways so you can see the entire menu row. On a mobile device, click the menu on the top right and scroll down. If you see Log In under Contact Us, click on it to log in to the website.