- Describe the epidemiology of child abuse among the American populace
- Describe the predisposing factors for child abuse
- Identify the categories of child abuse
- Recognize clinical signs observable on child abuse victims
- Recognize clinical findings and conditions that mimic child abuse
- Recognize typical behaviors of child abusers in the healthcare setting
- Discuss the ethical and legal implications of child abuse for healthcare practitioners
- Describe the impact of child abuse situations on healthcare practitioners
Pennsylvania license holders: We recommend you take the course offered by the University of Pittsburgh, done online at the following website: https://www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu. They will report your course completion electronically to the Pennsylvania Department of State professional licensing board.
To print certificates: Once all of the lessons are completed, you can return to the main course page or use the menu at the top Account > Courses and select Print Your Certificate.