- Describe the epidemiology of child abuse among the American populace
- Describe the predisposing factors for child abuse
- Identify the categories of child abuse
- Recognize clinical signs observable on child abuse victims
- Recognize clinical findings and conditions that mimic child abuse
- Recognize typical behaviors of child abusers in the healthcare setting
- Discuss the ethical and legal implications of child abuse for healthcare practitioners
- Describe the impact of child abuse situations on healthcare practitioners
Pennsylvania license holders: We recommend you take the online course offered by the University of Pittsburgh (https://www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu). They will report your course completion electronically to the Pennsylvania Department of State professional licensing board.
Lesson 1 is a tutorial. If you have already viewed it, click Start This Lesson next to Lesson 1, then immediately click the green MARK COMPLETE button below the Lesson 1 video to advance to Lesson 2.