- Explain the physiology & pathophysiology of carbon dioxide exchange & acid-base balance
Determine the ventilatory & acid-base status from blood-gas values
Describe the prevalence of cardiopulmonary disease among the aging population
Explain special problems among geriatric patients, as well as accommodations respiratory therapists can implement in caring for themRead more
1. Explain the physiological requirements for adequate tissue oxygenation.
2. Interpret values for all parameters pertaining to tissue oxygenation.
3. Discriminate between hypoxemic & non-hypoxemic hypoxia.
4. Given clinical data, evaluate status of oxygenation.
5. Explain the rationale, compensatory mechanisms, & precautions associated with permissive hypoxemia.