This live broadcast is scheduled for Friday, April 2, 2021 at 1100 Central Time. The broadcast link will become available…Read more
This live broadcast is scheduled for… The broadcast link will become available 30 minutes before showtime. Return to the Real-Time…Read more
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS COURSE.
This live broadcast is not currently scheduled. The course is only available to allow previous participants to reprint their certificates.
- Identify infections capable of causing mass casualties and describe their etiologies, manifestations, diagnosis, management and prevention.
- Apply strategies and devices to prevent communication of infections to caregivers, patients and the environment.
Identify chemical agents capable of causing mass casualties and describe their likely sources, effects, manifestations and management of chemically contaminated patients.
- Identify the sources of mass casualty radiation events and describe the effects, manifestations and management of radiation injuries.
- Identify sources of blast injuries and describe the types of injuries, their manifestations and their management.
- Describe major types of natural disasters, their associated types of injuries, their manifestations and management.
- Discuss problems associated with healthcare delivery in natural disasters, including those associated with transportation and destruction of physical facilities.
- Distinguish among conventional, contingency, crisis modes within a healthcare facility with respect to space, staffing, equipment and supplies.
- Describe preparations and response strategies for mass casualty situations with respect to respiratory care equipment and supplies, including oxygen and mechanical ventilators.