- Select artificial airways for neonates
- Explain special considerations pertaining to intubation of neonates
- Explain the role of chest physiotherapy for neonates, as determined by research findings
- Explain the physiologic & adverse effects of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) for neonates
- Identify the indications & contraindications of CPAP for neonates
- Select CPAP generators & interfaces for neonates
- Explain special considerations & technical issues for continuous mechanical ventilation (CMV) applied to neonates
- Compare CMV modes applied to neonates
- Outline procedures & ventilator control settings for application of CMV to neonates
- Implement liberation from CMV for neonates
If you see COURSE NOT STARTED, scroll down the page and click Start This Lesson next to Lesson 1, then click on the video to start, stop, and rewind. If you are using a tablet, turn it to landscape mode (sideways) so the video will play. Click the green MARK COMPLETE button below each video to advance to the next Lesson. DO NOT use the course outline to move from one lesson to the next or you will not be able to access the evaluation.
If you purchased a course (or subscription) and see COURSE LOCKED – Purchase This Course when you try to take it, or do not see a green Mark Complete button, it’s because you are not logged in to the website. On the menu row to the right of Contact Us you should see an Account menu. If there is a Log In button instead, click that, log in, and you’ll be able to take your course. If you’re using a tablet and don’t see Contact Us, Log In (or Account), the Mark Complete button, or the video, turn your device sideways so you can see the entire menu row. On a mobile device, click the menu on the top right and scroll down. If you see Log In under Contact Us, click on it to log in to the website.
If you see an orange PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE button you have previously taken this course. To obtain a certificate with a new completion date, prior to taking the course again Annual CEU Subscribers must click the green RESET THIS COURSE button. Individual purchasers of this course must contact our office to have the course reset (use our web chat for the quickest response).