Discount CEU Offers
Check out our most affordable options, including Unlimited CEUs! View our Discounts page here.
When does my license expire?
The Texas Medical Board (TMB) dictates Respiratory Care Practitioner licenses will expire every biennium on either May 31 or November 30.
When can I renew my license?
Active license renewals are not available online until 60-90 days prior to your current expiration date. If you cannot proceed with online registration, try again closer to your expiration date.
How do I renew my license?
Please see the “TMB Respiratory Care Practitioner Renewal” link below.
How many CEUs does Texas require?
24 total hours of acceptable CEUs per biennium
- At least 12 contact hours must be in traditional courses (our recorded courses with Live credit). You may obtain all 24 CEUs in Live courses (no tests required). The remainder of contact hours may be in non-traditional courses. You are not required to take non-traditional courses. The TMB is merely setting an upper limit on how many hours may be taken. Due to lack of interest, we are no longer offering non-traditional courses.
- At least 2 contact hours must be in ethics. We have several ethics courses to choose from.
- House Bill 2059 (86th Legislature) requires physicians, physician assistants, and any licensee of the TMB’s advisory boards or committees that provide direct patient care, to complete a human trafficking prevention course approved by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC). This requirement applies to the renewal of a license on or after September 1, 2020. HHSC is the approving body for the human trafficking prevention requirement. HB 2059 requires HHSC to approve training courses on human trafficking, including at least one that is free of charge, post a list of approved trainings on its website and update the list of approved trainings as necessary. HHSC now has an approved course available, which is free of charge, that satisfies the requirements for all licensees impacted by HB 2059.
- Those who hold temporary permits are not subject to these continuing education requirements.
- A retired respiratory care practitioner on the voluntary charity care status only required to complete reduced CE requirements equal to half of the number of CE hours required for renewal for a certified respiratory care practitioner.
- One CE or contact hour activity is defined as 60 minutes attendance and participation in an acceptable continuing education experience.
- No CE hours may be carried over from one renewal period to another renewal period.
- A practitioner who also holds a current license, registration, or certification in another health care profession or a current license, registration, or certification as a respiratory care practitioner in another state, territory, or country may satisfy the CE requirements for renewal in Texas with hours counted toward renewal of another license, registration, or certification as long as the hours meet all current requirements.
Can I get all of my CEUs online?
Are your courses approved by both the AARC and the Texas Medical Board (TMB)?
Our courses are AARC approved and accepted by the TMB.
How much does my renewal cost?
License renewal is $106. An initial license is $125.
The information contained on this page was as accurate as possible at the time it was researched. It is possible that errors exist or that current license requirements have changed. We encourage corrections and comments and will make modifications accordingly. Neither Respiratory Associates nor any other individual or institution, except the person renewing their license, is responsible or liable for any consequences of its use. You are encouraged to read your state licensure requirements from the primary source, e.g. state website. If any of our CEU courses are rejected by your state licensing authority our sole remedy will be a refund.