Respiratory License Renewal – Connecticut

When does my license expire?

Most RCP licenses expire in the first birth month following issuance and are renewable annually thereafter.

When can I renew my license?

Most licensees can expect to receive a renewal notification from the Connecticut State Department of Public Health (CSDPH) approximately 60 days prior to expiration and if not renewed, a final notice 30 days following expiration, at the licensee’s address of record on file.

How do I renew my license?

Please see the Health Care Practitioner Licensure resource link below.

How many CEUs does Connecticut require?

You are required to complete 6 hours of continuing education within the previous one year period.

Can I get all of my CEUs online?

You can obtain all of your CEUs online. We offer Live courses. See our Discounts page for special offers (including Unlimited CEUs).

Are your courses approved by both the AARC and the Connecticut State Department of Public Health (CSDPH)?

Our courses are AARC approved and accepted by the CSDPH.

How much does my renewal cost?

License renewal is $105. An initial license is $190.

Resource Links

Connecticut State Department of Public Health (CSDPH) Respiratory Care Practitioner Licensure

CSDPH Contact Info License Lookup

CSDPH Health Care Practitioner Renewal Information 

CSDPH Continuing Education Information

CSDPH Respiratory Care Practice Act

Connecticut Society for Respiratory Care

The information contained on this page was as accurate as possible at the time it was researched. It is possible that errors exist or that current license requirements have changed. We encourage corrections and comments and will make modifications accordingly. Neither Respiratory Associates nor any other individual or institution, except the person renewing their license, is responsible or liable for any consequences of its use. You are encouraged to read your state licensure requirements from the primary source, e.g. state website. If any of our CEU courses are rejected by your state licensing authority our sole remedy will be a refund.

Back to State CE Requirements