Once enrolled – click lesson 1 to begin
1) Select artificial airways for neonates.
2) Explain special considerations pertaining to intubation of neonates.
3) Explain the role of chest physiotherapy for neonates, as determined by research findings.
4) Explain the physiologic & adverse effects of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) for neonates.
5) Identify the indications & contraindications of CPAP for neonates.
6) Select CPAP generators & interfaces for neonates.
7) Explain special considerations & technical issues for continuous mechanical ventilation (CMV) applied to neonates.
8) Compare CMV modes applied to neonates.
9) Outline procedures & ventilator control settings for application of CMV to neonates.
10) Implement liberation from CMV for neonates.